If you have a rug that’s tan when it used to be white, or a rug that’s pocked with coffee stains, dirt spots, and pet hair, then it’s time for a thorough cleaning. Or perhaps, you have a rug that’s damaged—the fringe is falling apart, you lost a corner to the vacuum, and you accidentally cut a slit through the rug in your last crafting project—you need a rug repair specialist.
Maybe you need a few repairs and a cleaning…
Well fortunately, we do it all. If you have a rug that’s lackluster, we’re the company to call to bring life back into your rug.
A Thorough, Customized Rug Wash From Rug Experts
We’re Your Rug Cleaning Experts
When it comes to your valuable rug, you want a company that you can rely on, backed by a name that trust. That’s Fred Remmers. The team here at Fred Remmers has been serving Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky and Missouri since 1881. That’s right, we’ve been in business for over 135 years. That means we know rugs. We have generations of experience cleaning rugs with techniques that have turned into tradition. We lead the industry here in the Mid-South, and we’re proud to boast that we provide expert cleaning and amazing service. Learn more about Fred Remmers Rug Cleaners and the man behind the name on our About Us page.
Our Full Service Cleanings
We provide the most thorough rug washes available here in the Mid-South. Our rug cleaning services can be broken down into several steps:
- Pre-Treating: First thing’s first, we’ll inspect your rug and assess spots that may need special treatment. We’ll look at the condition of the rug, and assess any damage that’s visible, and we’ll begin resolving color bleeding and staining before we move onto our normal cleaning procedure.
- Dusting: Next, it’s time to move as much dust from the rug as possible. Up to 70 percent of effective rug cleaning can come down to removing dust that’s been trapped in its fibers. From there, it’s merely about getting the other 30 percent!
- Soaking: To soften up the remaining dirt and grime in your rug, we soak it overnight. Soaking your rug breaks down particles that didn’t come out during the dusting phase.
- Rug Shampooing: Once your rug has had a thorough soak, it’s time to break out the shampoo. We use a natural shampoo to gently coax out the remaining dust and dirt that’s deep within your rug.
- Luster Washing: Depending on the rug, we may apply a luster wash to brighten up colors that have been deadened by years of wear and sunlight.
- Brushing: We groom your rug with specialized brushes and tools to ensure that the fibers are in the right place, and to make sure that fibers feel their best.
- Drying: Then, e’ll dry your rug. We use a gentle, yet effective technique to dry your rug. We’ll place your rug in a climate-controlled drying room for about six hours.
- Protection: If necessary, or per your request, we can apply protection to your rug. We offer scotchguarding and mothproofing services alongside our normal cleaning and care services.
- Inspection: Finally, we’ll give your rug an inspection. We set high standards for our rug cleanings, so we’ll make sure that your rug is up to our standards.
And voila! You have a rug that’s immaculate. You can learn more about our rug washing techniques on our Rug Wash page.
What Kind of Rugs Do You Treat?
Here at Fred Remmers, we work with all sorts of rug types. In fact, our list of rugs that we clean includes all of the following:
- Persian Rugs
- Turkish Rugs
- Pakistan Rugs
- Afghan Rugs
- Chinese Rugs
- Indian Rugs
- Portuguese Rugs
- Egyptian Rugs
- Romanian Rugs
- Silk Rugs
- Shag Rugs
- Skin Leather Rugs
- Flokati Rugs
- Antique Rugs
Once again, if you’re further curious about our rug washing services, take a look at our Rug Wash page, or get in touch with us with any inquiries that you may have.
Unbeatable Rug Repairs
Now, we mentioned that you may have a rug that’s damaged. Fortunately we’re famous for repairing damaged rugs. We offer a number of rug repair services, and we’re sure that we have the skill necessary to make your rug completely restored. Count on us for any and all of the following repair services:
- Antique Rug Repair: Antiques are especially delicate; we’re especially careful. Trust us with your antique rugs, and you’ll end up with an old rug that looks brand new.
- Tapestry Repair: We can repair tapestries, just the same as we repair rugs.
- Hole Patching: If you’ve put a hole in your rug, we can make it whole again. We can patch rugs, or stitch holes shut so that you won’t even know where the hole was.
- Color Restoration: If you have a rug with bleeding or faded colors, we can get the colors back in line. We provide luster treatments, and we have other techniques to restore color and pattern.
- Design Restoration: Similarly, if you have colors that have bled beyond their pattern, or a design that’s out of shape due to warping, we can restore your rug.
- Binding Repair: Old rugs and hand-woven rugs tend to lose their binding strength. Over time, that can lead to even more rug damage. Count on us to save your rug from aging and wear.
- Stain and Spot Removal: Accidents happen. We’re here to remove their memory. If you have a pet who’s marked their territory, or you’re simply clumsy with your morning coffee, we can help.
- Mildew Treatment: Mildew stinks, and it can damage and stain your rug. We remove mildew with shampoo treatments and deep washing, so you can rest assured that your rug is truly clean.
- Fringe Repair, Cutting, or Adding: Your fringe is most prone to be damaged by foot traffic, furniture, and the like. We’ll make your fringe look as good as new, regardless of the type of fringe on your rug.
- Custom-fitted Padding: Protect your rug (and yourself) from sliding, and add a bit of cushion underneath your rug with our rug padding services.
- Corner Repair: Corners can take the brunt of damage when you move your rug (or move furniture around your rug). We repair tired and torn corners.
- Rug Reweaving: Over time, traffic can warp and loosen rug weaves. Fortunately, we can tighten and repair weaves to give your rug a facelift.
- Rip and Slit Repair: Like our hole repair services, we also repair rips and splits. We’ll hand-sew your rug back together so that you won’t be able to tell where the damage once was.
- Pet Damage Repair: Pets can create problems on your rug. We’re here to lift those stains, remove hair, repair scratches, you name it.
- Carpet Blocking: If your rug is no longer rectangular, we can use blocking techniques to return it to its original shape.
- Moth Damage: If moths or other pests have wreaked havoc on your rug, we can repair it. Plus, we can moth proof your rug for future use.
- Color Bleeding Repair: Bleeding colors can muddle the composition of your rug. We have the tools and techniques necessary to remedy bleeding colors.
- Water Damage Restoration: Water can create mold and mildew, and it can discolor your rug. Don’t sweat, we’ll rid your rug of moldy smells and washed out colors.
Whew! We really do do it all! If you’re further curious about our repairs, take a look at our Rug Repair page.
Fred Remmers’ Unparalleled Services
Well, we hope you’re convinced. When your rug is torn up and lackluster, we’re the only call you’ll need to make to bring life back into your rug. Get in touch with us today to learn more, or get started with a free estimate right here online.